Alliance Française de Bangalore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening of Bonjour India Festival! Isabelle Anna with Opus a Kath (Kathak)

Go down

Opening of Bonjour India Festival! Isabelle Anna with Opus a Kath (Kathak) Empty Opening of Bonjour India Festival! Isabelle Anna with Opus a Kath (Kathak)

Post  marjorydupres Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Bonjour à tous!

Une petite information sur l'ouverture du Festival Bonjour India à Bangalore.

Ce festival organisé par Culturesfrance et l'Ambassade de France en Inde va se dérouler pendant deux mois à Bangalore, décembre et janvier, avec des concerts, des performances de danse, des expositions photographiques, et autres!

Mélomanes, amateurs d'arts, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour tout programme vous intéressant particulièrement!

Nous mettrons à jour tous les évènements dans le forum, pour votre information.

Ce samedi, quelques invitations à gagner pour Isabelle Anna....Smitha, je te laisse la main pour en dire un peu plus!
(cf. Rubrique "Jeux et Quiz")

Quelques détails sur le programme:

Isabelle Anna - Opus à Kath

Saturday 5 December, 2009 I 7.30 pm I Auditorium AFB

Isabelle Anna
is one of the rare non Indian dancers to be recognized by the Indian government as an ambassador of Kathak dance abroad. Along with her company Kaléïdans’Scop, she will present a dance performance in four acts. From traditional expression to expressions surpassing all boundaries:

I speak Kathak explores the visual and acoustic games of rythms,
Toros is a succession of 12 scenes on rituals and worship associated with the mythology of the bull,
My Bolero is a personal solo interpretation of the well-known Bolero by Ravel,
Trilogy is a choreographic research on pure abstraction inspired by the music of the Italian composer Luigi Nono.

Company Kaléïdans’Scop was created by Isabella Anna in 2007 and Opus à Kath was presented for the first time in 2008 as part of the Festival Oriente Occidente in Rovereto (Italy).

Isabella Anna trained initially under Sharmila Sharma at the Centre Mandapa in Paris. She went on to complete her post graduation under the guidance of Pt. Jai Kishan Maharaj at the Kathak Kendra in Delhi. She has in the last few years performed at various festivals both in India and abroad. Her repertoire includes both the traditional Kathak (Lucknow Gharana) and her own experimental work based on Kathak.

marjorydupres

Back to top Go down